Wednesday 30 January 2013

Day 1 - Buenos Aires - Argentina

Consisted of exploring the city and doing lots of walking, so far Buenos Aires is Barcelona on a larger scale. I love Barce so this is obviously a good thing. I must say when back in the UK I will have not only improved my Spanish skills but my mental maths. Still thinking everything is ridiculously expensive before my brain has converted it to £.

We covered a large section of the city so are feeling very comfortable here. However we have not yet been in super touristy places where thieves are rife. Although I'm still padlocking my bags and trying to start with good habits so that I don't loose everything at the first hurdle.

We attempted to go to Palmero Soho, however we left at 21:30 and the metro shuts at 22:30 here!! Too little time for our journey unfortunately so we salvaged the evening by dining along the newly built up area down by the water. Buenos Aires's version of the Docklands or Canary Warf Not the most cultured but it was fine. Here are some pictures..







No comments:

Post a Comment